Employees are an Employer’s biggest asset but can also become their biggest liability. Many times we do not even realize that we may be compromising secure data; even stepping away from your open computer for a few minutes could cause a data breach. Here are some easy steps you can take to help reduce data breaches.
- Create a long unique password
- Lock your computer screen when you leave it
- Lock your computer in your desk at the end of the day
- Keep track of all of your client devices (phone, computer, ID card)
- Report any lost devices immediately to IT/Security
- Report any security breaches to IT/Security immediately
- If secure or confidential information is being requested from you always double check the source-phishing scams can appear to be very real